Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maternity Leave

Well, here it is the moment I have been waiting for... 12 weeks off and more projects that I want to accomplish than I probably ever will. This weekend it just felt like vacation...Monday morning felt real. No more Monday morning meetings, no more drives to the tech center in the dark. It felt good. I spent the whole day cleaning. WOW can the house get messy. 3 dogs and a cat really does it in. I guess the constant flow of sawdust from Jay's busy saw doesn't help either.
The hardwood is almost done. It is peaking into the study, or third bedroom, as I sit here and type. Jay's office will be tough, it's a tad cluttered and full. I think we will work on it this weekend. Maybe the lifting will put me into labor. I wouldn't mind at all. I will be 37 weeks on Friday, considered full term, and I am ready. I am sure all the moms out there reading this are smiling to themselves thinking, ya, I wanted that too and it sure didn't happen. A girl can dream, and pray right?!
The baby is doing great. Another ultrasound at 38 weeks is needed to be sure he's not 10 lbs. If he is, hello c-section, they won't even let me try to have this guy vaginally. See, it's not totally selfish that I want him a tad early, the earlier, the lighter right?
Pictures, don't have any new, but this sight will be full of them once he comes. I am really excited and really scared at the same time. I know I can do it but my world is really about to change. No more lounging around for hours doing what I want to do when I want to do it, not that I lounge but I will probably feel like I did when I look back at these days. I am responsible for another life.
I am still organizing his room?! Where to put the tiny socks and hats and bibs and binkis and...
I am also working on a tree to put on the wall made out of felt. I think I will do that today. I will take pics and let you all know how crafty I want to be and how crafty it may turn out not to be.
Here's to no more working and to lots of projects!

1 comment:

Vesuvius At Home said...

I can't wait to see the tree! Enjoy your break, you deserve it!