Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2 cent dialated & 50 % effaced!!!













Hey! I am so excited, I got the tree done, well the tree and a few animals and that's it. I would like to get a few more animals done but for now the squirrel, bird and owl will do. The owl is by far my fave. I am open to ideas on animals, I have a bunny fox, bees and more birds...any thoughts?

I took a pic of our really cool monitor. I got it as a wonderful gift from someone I can't name. It's a video monitor and seems to work pretty well. Jay went in the baby room and danced around making loud noises and I saw everything from our bedroom. I am really thankful for it, it seems really neat.

I also took a pic of my cute bookshelf I put up in the hall... Just to show that I am trying to accomplish something while off.

I also have sewn two swaddling blankets for the big boy. I really just bought some flannel at the 40x40 size (what the recommend for big babies and no one really sells it) and sewed the edges. But I feel crafty none the less.

Jay and I are planning on splurging and getting a camcorder for the wee one so we can document everything. I hoping for a great deal day after thanksgiving. I took pics of the neato diaper bag I got him alongside mine. He wasn't supposed to get it til I went into labor but nosy-nosykins saw it and asked about it today. It's packed ready for baby along with treats for him while I'm in labor like Mountain Dew Amps, granola bars, yummy almonds etc.

I put some cute animals up on the wall above the changing table, pics included but honestly it didn't turn out how I pictured. I am really on the hunt for some cutesy farm art that I can hang. Tractors animals etc. Above his crib I will do his name with a verse that I haven't decided on... I am thinking a verse from Samuel "for this boy I prayed" and then his name. Too bad he doesn't have a name cause my hubby and I can't agree to save our lives.

I also took pics of the birdie art (I originally bought for the nursery cause I was sure it was a girl!!!) that I hung in my upstairs bath. They are so cute they count to 10 and have different types of birds on them. I have an obsession with birds so I was thrilled when I could at least do one room with them in it. I was originally going to frame each one but I put those cutie little metal holes in them, pink and brown and tied white ribbon. I then found cute needles with yellow balls on the end and pushed those into the wall. Again, crafty for me...

That's it for now... OH wait no it's not!!! We had an ultrasound yesterday he's weighing in at 8.1 lbs so with 2 weeks left he could weigh up to 10.3 lbs according to Jay's math (which I trust) if he's that big a definite c-section is in order. Baby with broken clavicle (which could happen if I do vaginal) doesn't exactly sound appealing. I imagine cranky baby in a new world with broken bone, can't be good! But, they checked me yesterday and I am 2 cent dialated and 50% effaced all ready!!! That could mean a whole world of things but it could mean labor early. Which I am praying for. He's full term so no worries there and he's lighter so vaginal delivery!!! Last night I was having contractions every 10-12 minutes for 4 hours but they never got more rapid and eventually faded off to irregularity around 3 am. DANG IT! I hit the gym today and ran/walked on the eliptical. Anything to get things stirring.

I hope he's here soon and I'm not going to lie, it would be fun to have a November baby so he never gets mixed up with Christmas!

3 comments:

Heather said...

The walls look fantastic! What a lucky boy ;-)

already 50% and 2cm is really good! Hopefully you'll go into labor. Those last few weeks are so hard and uncomfortable!

Heather said...

CONGRATS!!!! Your little guy is adorable! post more pics ASAP! I want to see that little guy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Thank you for the pics. How are you two doing? I know the baby is fine with two such wonderful, caring parents! What a lucky boy. Thank you so much for keeping this blog site up and going. I love all the things you have done to your home. I love the idea you have for the bible quote too. Much love and prayers. Nana Jan